Tuesday, May 19, 2009

1000 Words: Victory

2000 words, actually. What victory looks like:


What victory looks like:


Yes, that is the "ram stiffarming cheerleader" photo in the background. What victory tastes like: I'm actually drinking one right now, and I can confirm that Blue Star is a tasty wheat beer, especially with the requisite lemon wedge. It has a full taste without feeling heavy in the mouth or gut. Viva les Tar Heels!

"I love the smell of North Coast Blue Star in the morning*. It smells like ... victory."

Speaking of victory, congratulations to commenter "Don" (I assume that's Donald) for caring enough to use Google to identify the quotes from last week. The songs are "Across the Line" by Scott Miller (2001) and "Supernatural Superserious" by R.E.M. (2007). I say this because I would be surprised to learn that Don's music collection spans both records. At any rate, congrats. Maybe next time there will be a real prize ... like Blue Star!



* -- MPF studiously avoids drinking alcohol in the morning, lest being branded an alcoholic, even during these days of unemployment. Everyone knows that if you wait til a minute after 12 noon, then you're fine.

1 comment:

Don said...

REM is in the collection. And if you ever get over your policy of not loaning music to people whom you know will just burn themselves a copy I would most likely have had both in my collection.