If you're a music lover in Chicago, you have an embarrassment of riches. Look at all these great shows going on today/tonight:
- Bloodshot Records 15th Anniversary Beer B-Q, featuring Alejandro Escovedo, Waco Brothers with Rico Bell, and many others at the Hideout.
- Regina Spektor at Chicago Theatre.
Quirky, engaging, songstress Spektor.
- Matthew Sweet & Susan Hoffs at Old Town School of Folk Music.
- Celtic Fest in Grant Park.
- Dolly Varden at Space.
The great Steve and Diane.
- Katie Todd at Simon's Tavern in Andersonville. (Good story about seeing her, by the way, if you happen to ask me over a beer I'll tell you.)
- Michael McDermott at Mahoney's.
- Gin Blossoms at Old Town Wine Crush (yes, they are still around).
- A Marsalis brother (Jason Marsalis) at Jazz Showcase.
- Not enough? How about Tom Wopat from the Dukes of Hazzard? Not at a casino mind you, but the Auditorium Theatre.
- Hell, even Todd Rundgren at the Park West. Todd Rundgren!