Friday, January 25, 2008

Product Review: Miller Chill


One of the world's best breweries, Miller Brewing Co. in Wisconsin, recently introduced a new beer called Miller Chill. Served in a green bottle, it is marketed as "inspired by a Mexican recipe" (straight from the label) and "brewed with a hint of lime and a pinch of salt to provide a truly refreshing beer experience." (straight from the website linked above)

So they're trying to make a margarita beer. And why not? Beer itself hasn't changed in about 700 years, and Miller is in constant competition with Anheuser Busch (I don't care about the spelling or hyphenation, those damn St. Louis bastards) to come up with the next great product that will increase market share by a sliver.

Enough about the background. I've been curious about this new beer that might taste like tequila, but never curious enough to buy. I figured it'd be something best purchased at a bar, so that if you hate it, you're not stuck with a five-pack sitting in your fridge.

I ignored that gut instinct yesterday, when we were at the Southport Jewel. Since TM was making a fantastic Mexican dish called Cheesy Pedro, I decided to try the Chill.

It took me until the first sip to realize I didn't like it. It took until the second sip to realize why.

If a picture is worth a thousand words, I present my 1000-word review of Miller Chill:

No comments: