Friday, August 29, 2008

I'm Not a Fool

...but I do have too much free time on my hands. So here's my preseason poll. Preseason polls can be confusing, because some people think they are a reflection of team strength in August, before playing a single down. Some think it's a prediction of how the season will end, an estimate of overall won-loss performance in December. This poll is the latter. It was also half-assed and shant be thrown back in my face come December when it's horribly wrong, because I am not a fool.

  1. Ohio State
  2. USC
  3. Oklahoma
  4. Florida
  5. Auburn
  6. Georgia
  7. Texas
  8. Wisconsin
  9. Missouri
  10. LSU
  11. West Virginia
  12. Texas Tech
  13. Brigham Young
  14. Wake Forest
  15. Arizona State
  16. South Florida
  17. Cal
  18. Clemson
  19. Kansas
  20. Michigan State
  21. Penn State
  22. Iowa
  23. Tennessee
  24. Notre Dame
  25. Virginia Tech
Every year there are few teams that start ranked and plummet into oblivion, and those that come out of nowhere. The addition of Iowa, ND and Cal (Pick 6) are true homer picks, albeit with a bit of plausibility. Mich. St. I just think will be better than people realize. The "dropouts" are Bama, Pitt, Illinois and Oregon.

No comments: