Friday, March 28, 2008

Sweet 16 Picks: The Results

Bear Grylls ain't got nothing on me: I put my March Madness picks up against Quigley, a 10-pound cat who sleeps all day and occasionally drinks water straight out of the faucet. I used human intellegence, analysis of teams, players and coaches, and general knowledge of college basketball developed over years of fandom. He used a patented animal kingdom-based method. I started at a small disadvantage, as I picked the Sweet 16 before the tourney began; Quigley picked the actual matchups after the first weekend of games.

So who won out?




Sweet 16: Man vs. Wild(cat)
MatchupMPF PickQuigley PickActual Winner
North Carolina vs. Washington StateNorth Carolina Washington StateUNC
Louisville vs. TennesseeTennesseeTennesseeLouisville
Kansas vs. VillanovaKansas VillanovaKansas
Wisconsin vs. DavidsonWisconsin DavidsonDavidson
Memphis vs. Michigan StatePittsburghMemphis Memphis
Stanford vs. TexasTexasStanford Texas
UCLA vs. Western KentuckyUCLA UCLAUCLA
Xavier vs. West VirginiaDukeWest VirginiaXavier

So there you have it....I edged a housecat, 4-3. Phew. (And if any HTML-savvy readers know how to get rid of that space before the table starts, I'm all ears. Thanks.)

No comments: