Monday, September 08, 2008

Stand Up and Cheer

I don't know if you watched my Ohio Bobcats on Saturday but they nearly pulled off a colossal upset over some other ranked team from the state of Ohio.

We were so close, in fact, to bringing down the mighty Ohio State Buckeyes that I could barely watch the end of the game for fear of spontaneously combusting of pride.

Leading up to this game I kept saying that I just wanted to be close at halftime. I was there in '99 (the last time we played at Ohio Stadium) and I remember what a thrill it was to be leading at the half. Well, you know what they say. Be careful what you wish for.

On Saturday, after it was all over, I was downright mad. It turns out that I wanted a win, dammit, and we were oh so close. In the end, though, it wasn't meant to be. The Ohio State didn't fall and Ohio (The) University went home with an 0-2 record and a heavy heart.

A classic OU t-shirt broght back to life for this year's big match up.

But as Lee Corso would say...

NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND!

We may have lost to the players on the field but there is no way in hell that we lost to that stupid marching band from buckeye land. From what I hear, the Marching 110 kicked ass.

As an example, here is some footage of the "skull session" at St. John Arena on Saturday. The skull session is a tradition at Ohio State - a sort of pre-game pep rally/band concert. Much like '99, the Marching 110 rocked the house. By the looks of this video, the OSU fans don't know what hit them. If they were smart, they would stand up for Cheer CHEER.



Go Bobcats, we'll see you in two weeks at Northwestern.

2 comments:

mpf004 said...

the 110 is better than U2? Has the 110 ever met the Pope??

((just keedding))

TinaMarie said...

No Popes (as far as I know) but they have played for several politcal figures... including Bill Clintons inagural ball.